Wednesday 17 February 2016

This February Night Sky

On this February night, the sky is scattered with cumulus clouds. I can see stars. Then I am distracted by the lights that suddenly come on in a nearby apartment window. I can see a shadow moving inside and I wonder if that is the bedroom or the kitchen. And then, just as quickly as the lights came on, they go off. I go back to gazing at the sky. And the little accumulation of clouds that made the sky look as if it were covered in sheep's wool is now almost gone and what is left is little patches of wool, the skin being mostly visible as if the farmer did a shoddy job in removing the wool; or the wool fell off the sheep naturally, unpredictably. I don't know where this thought comes from, but I also think that the sky looks like a head shaved by a razor blade. And soon enough, the clouds fade into nothingness and what remains is a sky scattered with stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment